OneDrive for Business
Learn how to manage your OneDrive files through organization, copying and moving, and more in this lesson.
Organizing, moving, and copying
- In OneDrive, you can use folders (whether uploaded or created from the New button) to organize files. You can have multiple levels of folders.
- You can drag-and-drop files into and out of folders (use the breadcrumb menu to drag files up a level).
- Select files and/or folders and use Move to and Copy to to move files inside or outside your OneDrive. If moving or copying files outside your OneDrive, you can select a SharePoint site’s document library as a destination. You can also create new folders from the Move to and Copy to panels.
Sorting, filtering, and searching
- Use column headers in My files, Recent, and Shared to quickly group, sort, or filter your files.
- Use view settings (upper right) to change sort or style.
- You can use the filters pane in Shared to narrow down results and find what you’re seeking more quickly.
- You can use search to find files quickly as well – it searches file names as well as their contents.
Support the course
This course is free, and your donation ensures its continued availability for everyone while helping me to keep creating helpful content. Thank you for your support!
A donation of $25 covers site hosting for 1 month.